Dole Food Company’s worldwide team of growers, packers, processors, shippers and employees is committed to consistently providing safe, high-quality, fruit, vegetables, and food products, while protecting the environment in which its products are grown and processed.
Dole’s dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by: comprehensive programs for food safety, scientific crop protection programs, stringent quality control measures, state-of-the-art production and transportation technologies, continuous improvement through research and innovation, and dedication to the safety of our employees, communities and the environment.
Dole procurement staff undertook the ADR Development Needs Analysis (DNA) to determine their training and development needs. A program was then proposed in line with the DNA results based on required competencies.
Recommended training to Dole includes the entire course of CSSP and a Negotiation workshop, with the following content:
- Essentials of Strategic Sourcing (Introduction, Category Profiling, Sourcing Strategy and Tactics Development, Sourcing Event, Supplier Evaluation, Implementation)
- Advanced Strategic Sourcing (Shareholder Value, PACE Model, Deconstructing Price)
- Leadership in Strategic Sourcing (Risk Management, Supplier Relationship Management)
- Tactical Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Negotiation Skills
- First two modules delivered, and the third set in schedule.
- Positive feedback from the trainings delivered.
- As a result of new learning, the company is open to other areas of their business that need improvement with training as a component
Development Needs Analysis (DNA) and Classroom Training
Procurement team skills assessed and improved.