Insights

Procurement learning is changing. As younger people enter the procurement profession, they expect training methods that will engage them and enhance their business performance, such as social media, online or classroom games. ADR International delivers classroom and digital procurement training courses to corporate customers around the world, and gamification is an important theme. Learning games... Read more
The Procurement Academy is a framework to accommodate a suite of learning and development offerings to the global procurement community of the organisation. It is often designed with a specific goal in mind e.g. further optimization of spend or driving more value for all parties from existing supplier relationships. What is included in the academy could vary from eLearning courses, skills... Read more
It was reported in November of last year that Pepsico had removed marketing procurement support from the business. This resulted in anxiety from the procurement community, in both marketing and non-marketing teams. If removing procurement support is successful (and we could debate what “success” could look like), then does this imply that the procurement function is no longer required? The ADR... Read more
Carl Coetzer MCIPS – Managing Director of ADR South Africa highlights some of the findings of a report published by Director General: National Treasury Supply chain management (SCM) is one of the key mechanisms enabling government to implement policy. Traditionally, SCM has been misunderstood and undervalued... Read more
The last few years have been a witnessed return to 1980’s style budget cuts. A top down dictate to cut 10% to 20% off budgets across the board.  A “no” to international flights, travelling business class and teambuilding ‘off-sites’.  All new IT projects have been stopped, and what is left of the training budget is about to disappear altogether. As the global economy takes yet another unexpected... Read more
1. Face to face learning, virtual testing Individuals seeking procurement accreditation will focus their time and investment into classroom education and social learning (the 10% and the 20% in the 10-20-70 model). This approach means they rapidly acquire and explore the knowledge in preparation for exams. They will reserve online methods for testing and assessment. For example, the Procurement... Read more
In August 2015, Reuters reported that research from Bersin by Deloitte showed that instructor-led training in the US dropped 9 percentage points last year and is now down to 35%, with remaining 65% represented by other offline and online methods, including distance learning. Distance learning has many benefits for the organisation: No travel costs Shorter, just-in-time training sessions that... Read more
With the threat of interest rate rises, housing associations face increased uncertainty in the coming year. Our insight and expertise has enabled Procurement improvement in organisations, resulting in significant and sustainable financial benefits.   Your cost management challenges for 2016: 1% reduction in social housing rents to squeeze income from April 2016. Government requirement to make... Read more
With the threat of interest rate rises, housing associations face uncertainty in the coming year.  Our insight and expertise has enabled Procurement improvement in organisations, resulting in significant and sustainable financial benefits.   Your cost management challenges for 2016: 1% reduction in social housing rents to squeeze income from April 2016. Government requirement to make efficiency... Read more
In my recent article “What Motivates Procurement Professionals”, I referred to the expert Dan Pink, who recently wrote the book “Drive -The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us”. His research said that people at work are motivated by autonomy, purpose and a sense of... Read more

Pages