London, May 16, 2011 – ADR International today marks its 25th anniversary with a call to all in the procurement and sourcing community to build on the impressive improvements in procurement professionalism, standing and the skills set of the procurement community achieved over the past quarter century.
Twenty-five years, more than 500 clients, 60 countries, $3bn in savings and over 1 million employee man hours later, ADR International today is a worldwide leader in procurement and sourcing consultancy changing how public and private organisations buy.
Since ADR International was founded in the UK on 16th May 1986 ADR has played a crucial role in bringing about the profound changes in the importance and pre-eminence of the purchasing profession. Through its on-going design, development and delivery of thought leading procurement and sourcing practices and processes ADR has helped to transform procurement in organisations all around the world.
For Bill Michels, ADR North America’s CEO, the company's commitment to innovation and thought leadership has been the key to ADR's success over the years—and it will drive the company's on-going mission to shape the future of procurement and sourcing. He says “the key is not to be stuck in the past but to use the past as the starting point for our future”.
Highlights / Facts:
· ADR (Assessment Development and Resource) Limited was incorporated in 1986 to carry out the world’s first global purchasing change programme for R&C globally (41 businesses in 36 countries).
· The initial base for the new company was in the “Rows” of the historic town of Chester in North West England. In 1991 the business relocated to the Southeast of England.
· To service an increasing number of multinational clients ADR opened its US office in Ann Arbor in 1992.
· ADR won the National Training Award from the UK Government in 1993 for its purchasing development work with Smithkline Beecham.
· Robin Jackson became CEO of ADR International in 1997
· ADR South Africa was established in 2001.
· ADR wins its second National Training Award for its work with the Metropolitan Police in London in 2003.
· ADR Australia is established in 2004.
· ADR wins its third National Training Award for its work with N G Bailey in 2007.
· ADR Central and Eastern Europe is established in Prague in 2009.· ADR North America forms joint venture with ISM in the USA - The ISM-ADR School for Supply Management
Today many of the processes, tools and techniques used by purchasing practitioners and indeed consultancies were initially developed by ADR.
· Opportunity Analysis
· Category Management
· Source Planning
· Purchase Price and Cost Analysis (PPCA)
· Cost Improvement Analysis (CIA)
· Deconstructing price
· Price & Cost Evolution (PACE)
The fact that these processes and tools have become so widely used and generic terminology in purchasing is a testament to their applicability and robustness.
ADR continues to evolve and grow.
CEO Robin Jackson says "In the coming quarter century, the role of procurement will become even more important in driving lower cost, value delivery, innovation and productivity in the supply chain in both private industry and public sector.
Looking ahead, ADR is positioned to lead this evolution which will be increasingly collaborative, global, outsourced and complex”.
ADR’s impact in the field of purchasing is immense. Today many of the processes, tools and techniques used by purchasing practitioners