PLDT is the leading telecommunications service provider in the Philippines. Through its principal business group – fixed line, w ireless and others--- PLDT offers a wide range of telecommunications services across the Philippines’ most extensive fiber optic backbone and fixed line and cellular networks.
Notwithstanding the many technological changes that PLDT will encounter in the future, one thing will remain steadfast – its commitment to serving the nation and providing communications solutions to Filipinos.
PLDT had conducted a study through a major consulting firm in which the recommendation was staff training with numerous areas to be addressed.
One of the motives for PLDT training was to achieve a common language and understanding of the end-to-end supply management system across their four companies. By definition, some of the participants in the training will be learning elements that do not directly apply to their area of responsibility.
- To address the many areas in which training was needed, an intensive training program delivered over 7 months was proposed to PLDT. In addition to supply chain training, several batches of staff were to learn Category Management, Risk and Vulnerability Analysis, S&OP, Negotiating, Contract and Performance, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship, Advanced Sourcing
- Total Cost of Ownership, and Supplier Financial Analysis.
- To measure training effectiveness, 4 aspects had to be considered, namely Reaction, Learning, Behavior and Results.
- After conducting training for a few groups, the need arose to add more schedules for other groups, stretching the intended 7-month timeframe to 9 months. A total of 18 groups were trained.
- Positive feedback, with the training attendees attesting they can apply what they’ve learned to their day-to-day work. Trainers coming from well-known companies was a plus.
- ADR material used in training was viewed as better to previous training received.
- The mixing of staff from PLDT’s four companies greatly enhanced the achievement of their objective to have one language and set of concepts for all.
To achieve a common language and understanding of the end-to-end supply management system across their four companies.
Achievement of their objective to have one language and set of concepts for all.