NG Bailey is a leading UK provider of building services. ADR was chosen by NG Bailey to undergo a review of their procurement team’s skills and knowledge compared to other sectors.
Procurement knowledge and skills across the organisation varied greatly and the business had a mixed perception of how valuable effective procurement could add to the organisation.
Procurement practices lagged behind other organisations and NG Bailey had an inconsistent application of tools, techniques and behaviours internally, and also within their supply chain.
The main aims of the project were to:
• Broaden and deepen understanding across the business of procurement
• Up skill the core procurement team
• Secure executive level sponsorship and commitment
• Raise motivation levels amongst core procurement and stakeholders
• Design a cost effective and sustainable solution
• Designing and building a capability matrix to assess skill levels
• Designing and tailoring a series of six two-day work shops
• Senior management executive briefings
• Supportive development surgeries at each region following each work shop
• NVQ provision at L3 and L4 in supply chain management
|Objectives||Review procurement teams skills and assess development needs|
|Services Supplied||Procurement Training and NVQ|
|Outcome||Better qualified and more equip procurement team|